Sound of Missouri
Sound of Missouri will highlight Missouri’s rich musical history while acknowledging the state’s continued role in advancing the nation’s musical traditions. The project, overseen by the Missouri Bicentennial Commission, includes but is not limited to:
- A documentary highlighting the history of Missouri composers and musicians for broadcast in 2021, funded through the Sinquefield Charitable Foundation.
- Sheet music by Missouri composers and musicians distributed to Missouri high schools to encourage young people to engage with Missouri music.
- A series of small concerts across Missouri as well as a set of celebratory concerts at the Missouri State Capitol by Missouri composers and musicians as part of Statehood Day events.
- A series of online presentations of the Sound of Art, a set of slide shows featuring significant Missouri places and institutions underscored with Missouri music.
- A catalog of Missouri music available for a variety of ensembles across the state to use in performances.
Details will follow.