SLPL’s Missouri Bicentennial Zine Contest
Starting June 1st 2021 join St. Louis Public Library in celebrating our 200 years of Missouri statehood. Create and enter your own zine for SLPL’s Missouri Bicentennial Zine Contest. The contest runs from June 1, 2021 through August 2, 2021 at 5:00 pm. The winner will be announced on August 10, 2021. See below for complete contest rules. To learn more about what a zine is, please click here or here or here for our short video. All entries must be submitted electronically. To submit your entry, please use this form. Questions can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Rules/guidelines for the Missouri Bicentennial St. Louis Public Library Zine contest
- Must be created in 2021 and be at least 8 pages long but no more than 12 pages total. (Each side of a piece of paper is considered a page.)
- The zine can be no smaller than 3.5 by 3.5 inches and no larger than 11 by 17 inches.
- Submissions will be read by people of all ages; please only non-offensive content in your zine.
- By submitting the work, the participants grant permission for the library to display, photograph, and reproduce the submitted work for publicity purposes and to possibly add to the collection.
- All entries must be submitted electronically through the web submission form. No in-person paper submissions will be accepted.
- Entries must be submitted by Monday, August 2, 2021 by 5:00 pm.
- Zines will be judged on creativity, originality, visual and aesthetic appeal, quality of writing, readability, and design, format, and layout. Facts will be checked, so please be accurate.
- Must include an event, person, or date from between August 10, 1821 (when Missouri became a state) through May 31, 2021.
- Entrants must have either a valid email address or phone number.
- The contest is open to anyone ages 12 years and up.