MSU Bicentennial Webinar Series: Contributing to the Health of Missouri
Join us Tuesday, May 25 from noon-1:30 p.m. Central time as we continue to celebrate Missouri’s Bicentennial. This is the third of seven webinars scheduled in 2021. Missouri and MSU: A shared past. A vision for the future. Click here to view the entire year’s programming.
The May session will focus on highlighting the intersection between public, community and individual health. Panelists will present their unique perspectives related to how students are prepared to go out into the healthcare and other health-related workforce. Experiences from panelists on their work within the University and community will also be presented so that participants can learn how health and efforts to improve health have evolved over the past 100 years, what the current state is and priorities for the future. Participants will leave the webinar with a better understanding of the state of health in our community, how they can be an active participant in their health and health outcomes, how to advocate for health and possibilities for academic and/or career development.
Please feel free to submit questions when registering or during the webinar.
Meet our panelists
- Melinda Novik, PhD (moderator), Associate Professor, Dept. of Public Health and Sports Medicine; Director, Health Promotion and Wellness Management graduate program
- Amy Blansit, DHSc, Senior Instructor, Dept. of Kinesiology
- Dalen Duitsman, HSD, Professor, Dept. of Public Health and Sports Medicine; Director, Ozarks Public Health Institute
- Lisa Hall, PhD, Associate Professor, Dept. of Psychology
- Natalie Allen, MEd, RDN, LDN, Clinical Assistant Professor, Dept. of Biomedical Sciences; Team Dietitian, Athletics Dept