This kit is for media sources who wants to use Missouri 2021’s brand in print or digital press. Please contact the Missouri 2021 media office for more information.
MISSOURI 2021 MISSION
The mission of Missouri 2021 is to promote a better understanding of Missouri and its regions, communities, and people, both past and present. The Missouri Bicentennial provides opportunities for citizens to celebrate, explore, and share perspectives on the state’s rich history and culture.
How did the State Historical Society of Missouri become charged with leading the Missouri 2021 Bicentennial Celebrations?
The 97th Missouri General Assembly, during its First Regular Session in 2013, issued House Concurrent Resolution 7 (HCR7). It tasked the State Historical Society of Missouri with developing "plans, ideas, and proposals to commemorate and celebrate" the Missouri Bicentennial and providing "guidance and direction to a statewide effort to promote and celebrate the State of Missouri’s rich and complex history."
TALKING ABOUT MISSOURI 2021
If you need to refer to the Missouri 2021 Bicentennial Celebration in print or online marketing:
- Display the words "Missouri 2021" in the same font size and style as the content surrounding it
- Capitalize "Missouri 2021" and leave a space between "Missouri" and “2021” unless you cannot leave a space (example: social media tag)
- Include the tag line, "Missouri 2021 is an initiative of The State Historical Society of Missouri and its Center for Missouri Studies" on promotional materials
- Abbreviate "Missouri 2021"
- Advertise programs, activities, or events as endorsed Missouri 2021 Bicentennial programs, activities, or events without receiving the endorsement